top of page
  • Writer's pictureAdmin

Are you thinking of sponsoring Residency for your parents ?

Who can sponsor you ? From the Parent's point of view

You can be sponsored for the Parent Resident Visa by:

  1. your adult New Zealand citizen or resident child

  2. jointly by your adult child and their partner, or

  3. jointly by your adult child and another adult child of a parent included in the application.

Then please also note-

  1. Your sponsors need to be New Zealand citizens or residents who have been resident here for at least 3 years.

  2. If you are being sponsored by a child and their partner, they must have been living together for at least 12 months.

  3. Your sponsors must earn enough as follows,

  • They must have earned at least the minimum income we require for 2 years in the 3-year period before your expression of interest was selected.

  • The minimum income they need changes depending on if you have single or joint sponsors.

How does one calculate your sponsor or sponsor's minimum income ??

Things to know:

  1. If you have 1 or 2 sponsors

  2. How many parents are being sponsored — this includes any parents they are also currently sponsoring

  3. Which two 12-month periods your sponsor will use to have their income assessed on

  4. What the New Zealand median income was on the last day of each 12-month period that your sponsor’s income will be assessed on.

You can use the minimum income tables to check the New Zealand median wage for the past 3 years and how much your sponsors need to have earned.

Minimum income table: for 1 sponsor

This starts at 1.5 times the New Zealand median wage for 1 parent, and increases by half the median wage amount for each additional parent.

Minimum income table: for 2 sponsors

This starts at 2 times the median wage for 1 parent, and increases by half the median wage amount for each additional parent.

Keen to know more and have a chat today. Reach out to us

28 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

On Saturday last week, Immigration NZ announced the addition of 17 more roles into the Green List. I remember talking to a few clients and other about their pathways and options in the last few months

This almost reminded me of "Stairway to Heaven". This pathway is almost similar as well . New Zealand is a paradise in itself. This pathway is for those , who have a role on Tier 1 of the Green list

bottom of page